My previous posting about TableAdapter connection strings was a pretty big hit with a lot of people. It’s still being referenced on the MSDN forums from time to time when someone needs a solution to the problem of having a connection string for a TableAdapter in the app.config that they need to override at runtime.
Since that post was in VB.Net and over 2 years old now, I’ve decided to resurrect it and work up a quick sample project with both C# and VB.Net code. Someone had request C# and I have no idea why I didn’t include it when I did that post, but better late than never!
Click here for the sample solution. (VS2010) If you don’t have that version of visual studio, you can download the express version from Microsoft, or just open the projects individually in VS2008.